Just nu i M3-nätverket

ADSL och XP

Spacecake

Hi there,

Have been running win2000 and ADSL no problems, I did a upgrade to XP last week and still no problem But now BIG PROBLEMS.

I can open a command prompt and ping 10.0.0.6 but it will not log me in saying that it can not find 10.0.0.6 or login1.telia.com ? I have tried LF connection but same problem ?

I will try anoth PC with ADSL and make sure it is not the ModeM that is mucked up.

But Please any ideas please let me know ;) All Telia can say is quote "Well if you can ping 10.0.0.6 then you should be able to logon and the fault must be the config of the PC", Yer right Thanks a lot Telia *NOT*

Regards

\\Cakespace

Do you have Zonealarm? If so, you´ll have to give iprange 10.0.0.1-10.0.0.10

permission in security/advanced/local zone content.

No Zonealarm as I know about, I can check that ? Also I now plugged in a win2000 PC and NO problems so it must be the XP config ?

Thanks for More help ;)

\\S.

Have you checked your network connection? Right click, properties, general tab. Make sure you have activated Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).

I had the same problem as you, but now it works after activating TCP/IP.

Voodoo chile (slight return)

If you have the firewall from ZoneAlarm You must allow "Generic Host Process for Win32 services act as a server". I denied Generic Host to act as a server with the resulat: Can not find 10.0.0.6 or login1.telia.com

Therefore I allowed Generic Host to act as a server and the I could log in.

Voodoo chile (slight return)

• 2 months later...

Någon med samma fel som Spacecake1 och jag som sitter på en lösning?

Jag sitter med två olika datorer, en med win2k och en med xp. Båda har alltid funkat tills alldeles nyss när xp inte längre ville logga in på telia. Måste vara nått i xp som gått sönder...

Jag kan inte kontakta login1.telia.com med telnet på port 80 men med ping går det bra!?!?!?!

>telnet login1.telia.com 80

Connecting To login1.telia.com...Could not open connection to the host, on port

The requested service provider could not be loaded or initialized.

Någon med koll som kan svara? Inga frågor om virusprogg lr branväggar. DONT HAVEM!

Tack på förhand!

This will go for you all. Had the same problem. Uninstalled TCP/IP and installed it again, added SP1 and now it works. My 2000 worked all the time!?

-------------

Poäng!!!

Archived