Just nu i M3-nätverket
Gå till innehåll

Fick ett mail från Blur...

DePhaz

Rekommendera Poster

Hej

Upptäckte att jag fått ett mail från "The Abine team" . Mailet låg i Spam korgen så därför har jag inte sett det förrän nu. Tror jag hade något "do not track me" på datorn (endast en dator) men vet inte om jag tog bort det eller ej. Ska jag agera på detta? 

Mail (inklistrat)

Blur Security Update

Hello,

We recently discovered that some information about Blur users was potentially exposed, and immediately took steps to investigate, respond, and work to prevent this from happening again.

Full details about the incident including what happened, what information was involved, the steps we are taking, and the steps you can take, are available on our blog.

What you can do

As a best practice, you should change your Blur password. If you use the same password you use on Blur on any other service, you should change those passwords to new unique passwords as well. To change your Blur password, go to https://dnt.abine.com/#/settings and click “edit” next to your password in your Blur Settings.

As always, we recommend you backup your Blur data before making any account changes. To backup your data, click “Export Data” from the same location above. You should also take this opportunity to ensure your new Blur password is long, but something you can remember, and that you have your backup passphrase as well.

Finally, you should use multi-factor authentication for your Blur account to add an extra layer of security to your account. You can see how to set that up at: https://dnt.abine.com/#help/faq/faq-enabletwoFactor

For More Information

If you have any questions or need any help, you can contact us by email at blur-support@getabine.com or contact support at +1-877-460-2121

As a privacy- and security-focused company, this incident is embarrassing and frustrating. These incidents should not happen, and we let our users down. We apologize and are working very hard to ensure that we respond quickly and effectively to this incident, and to make sure we do everything we can to not let anything like it happen again.

- The Abine Team

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Om du har ett konto hos tjänsten så bör du aggera på det. Annars om du inte har ett konto så borde du inte behöva göra något.

Länk till kommentar

Har du ett konto hos Blur, ska du inte använda länken för att logga in, logga in direkt på ditt Blur-konto istället, och där ändra ditt lösenord, luktar lite lurt att man ska använda en länk som man inte vet vart den går, för att ändra sitt lösenord.

Länk till kommentar

Jo, det plus att mailet låg i "spam" gör mig misstänksam. Om jag tänker lite bättre (vilket jag märkt är lite svårare nuförtiden) så har jag något "do not track me" tillägg i webbläsaren. Vet inte om jag har det kvar eller ej. Om jag har det kvar, kan jag bara avinstallera det?

Länk till kommentar

Länkarna i kopian av mejlet här i tråden ser ut att vara fullt normala och leda till Abines sidor, kolla att det fortfarande stämmer när du läser mejlet.

Det stämmer att Abine har rapporterat om att de har blivit hackade, precis som det står i mejlet: https://www.abine.com/blog/2018/blur-security-update/

Om du har använt Blur/Abine-kontots lösenord på något annan webbplats bör du ändra lösenord även på den webbplatsen.

3 timmar sedan, skrev DePhaz:

Om jag tänker lite bättre (vilket jag märkt är lite svårare nuförtiden) så har jag något "do not track me" tillägg i webbläsaren.

Har väl inget att göra med detta mejl.

Länk till kommentar

40 minuter sedan, skrev Cecilia:

Länkarna i kopian av mejlet här i tråden ser ut att vara fullt normala och leda till Abines sidor, kolla att det fortfarande stämmer när du läser mejlet.

Det stämmer att Abine har rapporterat om att de har blivit hackade, precis som det står i mejlet: https://www.abine.com/blog/2018/blur-security-update/

Om du har använt Blur/Abine-kontots lösenord på något annan webbplats bör du ändra lösenord även på den webbplatsen.

Har väl inget att göra med detta mejl.

Jag kunde inte citera så ditt citat kom med. Men med min kommentar jag ville i vart fall bara ha sagt att jag inte känner till någon ytterliggare "do not track me" funktion som jag har. Bifogar en del av mailet dom tyvärr inte kom med (sidfot). 

Edit: skickade ett mail och bad att få veta vilka användardata jag har sparat hos dem.

Why am I receiving this email?

You are receiving this email becuase you are or were a registered user of Blur, MaskMe, or DoNotTrackPlus.

Unsubscribe from this email list

This email was sent by Abine Inc., PO Box 410009 Cambridge, MA 02141

Länk till kommentar

Okej, men du kan ju ha registrerat dig där för länge sen också. Att ta bort ett tillägg (om det nu är just deras tillägg och inte någon annans) tar inte bort kontot hos dem och informationen som hackarna kom över är ju redan i orätta händer så jag förstår inte varför du vill ta bort tillägget pga mejlet. Den fråga du ska ställa dig är om du har någon nytta av tillägget eller inte.

Länk till kommentar

Jo, det är ju så. Fick förresten svar från Blur och jag verkar inte vara drabbad:

Greetings,

An account with your email address was registered on Mon, 28 Jul 2014.  This would have been for our DoNotTrackPlus product (which became Blur).  We can't know what websites you may have stored with us because they are strongly encrypted with a password that only you would know.  However, we see that you have no encrypted data store on our servers.  You may have only used DoNotTrackPlus/Blur as a tracker blocker.

You can read more on our blog, but a summary is here:

A file containing some information about Blur users from prior to January 6th, 2018 was potentially exposed while debugging a process that manipulated data about our users.. This file included the following information about Blur users who had registered their accounts prior to January 6th, 2018:
* Each user’s email addresses (as of 1/6/18)
* Some users’ first and last names (as of 1/6/18) - your name was -not- included
* Some users’ password hints but only from our old MaskMe product
* Each user’s last and second-to-last IP addresses used to login to Blur (as of 1/6/18)
* Each user’s encrypted Blur password. These encrypted passwords are encrypted and hashed before they are transmitted to our servers, and they are then encrypted using bcrypt with a unique salt for every user. The output of this encryption process for these users was potentially exposed, not actual user passwords.

Importantly, there is no evidence that our users’ most critical data has been exposed, and we believe it is secure. There is no evidence that the usernames and passwords stored by our users in Blur, auto-fill credit card details, Masked Emails, Masked Phone numbers, and Masked Credit Card numbers were exposed. There is no evidence that user payment information was exposed.

We see no evidence that you had an encrypted data store.

While the Blur passwords were strongly encrypted it's still a best practice to change your password - which is what we have recommended.  In addition, we recommend using two factor authentication for important accounts such as your Blur account.

The information that you may store inside of Blur (such as your stored passwords) is encrypted before it leaves your device, and we never have the ability to decrypt and was not part of this leak.   As part of our response we are throughly reviewing our security, development processes, and have engaged outside security consultants to confirm and review our findings.

Regardless this should not have happened and we're sorry we didn't live up to expectations.

Regards,

-Andrew

Länk till kommentar

Arkiverat

Det här ämnet är nu arkiverat och är stängt för ytterligare svar.

• Skapa nytt...