Just nu i M3-nätverket
Gå till innehåll

UVD3 video dekoder?

Thirteen

Rekommendera Poster

UVD3 video dekoder?

Vad mer får vi som konsumenter med UVD3 i jämförelse med UVD2.2?

Eller är det kanske enbart de inbitna spelarna som kommer att märka skillnad?

Länk till kommentar
Dela på andra webbplatser

Flyfisherman

Det verkar som bl.a GPU tar över decoding från CPU

Alltså decoding sker genom hårdvara istället för mjukvara.

Bättre prestanda och mindre arbete för huvudprocessorn (CPU).

Enligt artikeln i länken så spar det också batteritid på en bärbar.

Så det är nog mest för video och inte spel?

AnandTech: http://www.anandtech...drange-market/4

Citat:

AMD is releasing UVD3, which like UVD2 before it builds on the existing UVD feature set. UVD3 is adding support for 3 more-or-less new codecs: MPEG-2, MVC, and MPEG-4 ASP (better known as DivX/XviD). Starting with MPEG-4 ASP, it’s the only new codec in supported by UVD3 that’s actually new, as previously all MPEG-4 ASP decoding was done in software when it came to AMD GPUs. With UVD3 AMD can now completely offload MPEG-4 ASP decoding to the GPU, bringing forth the usual advantages of greatly reducing the amount of work the CPU needs to do and ideally reducing power consumption in the process..//..

..//..The final addition to UVD3 is support for Multiview Video Coding, which isn’t a new codec per se, but rather is an extension to H.264 for 3D stereoscopy. H.264 needed to be amended to support the packed frame formats used to store and transmit 3D stereoscopic videos, so with UVD3 AMD is adding support for MVC so that UVD can handle Blu-Ray 3D..//..

..//..The only downside at this time is that even with Microsoft’s greater focus on codecs for Windows 7, Windows 7 doesn’t know what to do with DXVA acceleration of MPEG-4 ASP. So while Win7 can play MPEG-4 ASP in software, you’re still going to need a 3rd party codec like the DivX codec to get hardware support for MPEG-4 ASP...//

Länk till kommentar

Tack och tack för länken till artikel.

Vid eftertanke så har ju grafikkorten utvecklats en hel del... Personligen så är jag måttligt intresserad av 3D i datorn i dagsläget men det är positivt att utvecklingen går framåt.

Länk till kommentar

Arkiverat

Det här ämnet är nu arkiverat och är stängt för ytterligare svar.

• Skapa nytt...